We founded and built our Illinois dispensaries to meet the needs of medical cannabis patients and adult-use customers.
4 Illinois Dispensaries
We offer online pre-ordering with either curbside or express in-store pickup in all our dispensaries.
Interested in becoming a medical cannabis patient in the state of Illinois?
We offer an extensive selection of cannabis products for medical and adult-use.
Have questions about cannabis in the great state of Illinois?
Cannabis & Me
Incorporating cannabis into your life can possibly greatly improve the quality of it. The understanding we have today of how cannabis interacts with the human body offers us great understanding of how this plant can truly change lives.
ILLINOIS DISPENSARIES FAQ
In the state of Illinois, for medical use, patients may possess up to 2.5 ounces or 71 grams of marijuana during any 14-day period. But they should always ask their doctor for a recommendation to possess more cannabis if needed.
Select one of the BEYOND / HELLO Illinois dispensaries. We offer online pre-ordering with either curbside or express in-store pickup at all our locations.
BEYOND / HELLO has four dispensaries in Illinois that are located in Bloomington, Normal, and Sauget.
According to Illinois state law, Illinois residents can purchase up to 30 grams (one ounce) of marijuana flower, 5 grams of extract or concentrate, and 500 mg of THC in an infused product (edibles), per day at one store. Non-residents can purchase 15 grams (half-ounce) of marijuana flower, 2.5 grams of extract or concentrate, and 250 mg of THC in edibles. These totals are cumulative, so you can purchase up to the limit of each form of cannabis at the same time.
For Medical Cannabis Curbside Pickup:
- Make sure you are registered to one of our dispensaries.
- If placing an order for curbside pick-up as a medical patient, you will need to create an account and upload your state ID and medical card information. Follow the instructions for creating an account. Select your items and proceed to checkout. There, you will be prompted to provide this additional information. Your order cannot be processed without completing these steps to establish yourself as an Illinois Medical patient in our system.
- Place your order and bring cash for payment or a debit card.
- A BEYOND / HELLO Patient Care Specialist will welcome you, ask for your name and help you pay for your order.
For Medical Cannabis In-Store Pickup:
- Make sure you are registered to our dispensary.
- Head to beyond-hello.com and start shopping. During check-out, you can create your profile. Be sure to upload your state ID and the front and back of your medical card.
- Place your order and visit our store for pick-up.
In order to get a medical marijuana card in Illinois, you need to meet with a physician to see if you qualify. Once the written certification form is completed and submitted by the recommending physician, individuals will need to complete the cannabis card application form either online at the DPH website or printed and mailed to the Illinois Department of Public Health/Division of Medical Cannabis.
In addition to the completed application, applicants will need to submit the following:
- Non-refundable application fee payable by check or money order and made out to the Illinois Department of Public Health (see below for a list of fees)
- 2” x 2” photograph taken in the last 30 days (taken against a plain, white or off-white background in natural color, with a full-face view directly facing the camera and a neutral facial expression without both eyes open (it’s recommended you use a passport photo vendor to ensure the photograph meets these requirements)
- A completed copy of the Fingerprint Consent Form (fingerprints must be taken within 30 days of submitting an application), with the following supporting documents attached:
- Proof of age and identity (a color photocopy of either an Illinois Driver’s License, Illinois State ID, or the photo page of a US passport
- Proof of Illinois residency: Proof of residency requires 2 documents that prove you live in Illinois
- Bank statements,
- Utility bills,
- A state ID,
- A driver’s license
- A voter ID card.
- Fingerprint receipt
- Benefit Verification Letter from the Social Security Administration or DD-214 (*only if applicable – this is for applicants who are applying with reduced fees)
Debit cards and cash accepted (ATM on-site).
No, the State of Illinois requires you to register with the dispensary where you will shop. However, you can change your dispensary at any time by going to: https://medicalcannabispatients.illinois.gov/
No, medical cannabis patients cannot share their medical cannabis with someone else, even another medical cannabis patient, However, caregivers can purchase and share cannabis with their designated patients only.
A caregiver can assist you with the use of medical cannabis as well as purchase cannabis for you. A caregiver must have a valid caregiver card in order to purchase on behalf of a medical cannabis patient with or without the patient present. If you want a caregiver to purchase a cannabis product we recommend designating a caregiver when you first apply for a medical cannabis card.
Once you are registered with the state as a caregiver you can place an order on behalf of your medical patient, and pick up in the dispensary or curbside on behalf of your patient. The caregiver account will be unified through the patient’s medical card number.
Yes. Veterans can obtain medical cannabis the same way as other patients. Veterans are eligible for a reduced application fee and do not need a physician’s written certification form if they are currently receiving health care at a Veteran Affairs facility.
You can smoke in your own home, or in a rental if your landlord permits it. You can also smoke in dispensaries with lounges that allow it.
No, medical insurance will not cover marijuana because marijuana is still illegal under federal law, and Medicare and Medicaid are federal programs.
Yes, you must be a resident of Illinois to get a medical card in Illinois.
No, Illinois dispensaries don’t accept out-of-state medical cards. But adult state visitors over 21 can purchase recreational marijuana at dispensaries.
Join Hello Club to earn points for shopping and get personalized deals to save you money on your favorite products. To earn and redeem points as a member of Hello Club, follow these three easy steps:
- Join the program for your state and download your wallet to your home screen for easy access,
- We’ll send you deals and offers based on your personalized wallet settings or past purchases, and
- Save money by redeeming your points and other exclusive offers at checkout using your Hello Club wallet.
Check out our Contact page for a specific question. You can also call one of our Illinois dispensaries to chat with a live person for any questions you have.
* This is general information relating to qualifying as a medical patient, for the specific qualifying process and criteria a prospective patient should contact their applicable state regulator.